Sunday, October 22, 2017

I'm terrible at blogging

So, apparently it's been like three years since I actually wrote anything on here. Not that it's unsurprising, because if there's one thing that I'm really good at, it's starting things, and never finishing them. One great example of this is a baby quilt that I started sewing when I was 17. That's 13 years and three kids ago. And it's still not done. Also, I might have finally given up and gotten rid of it. I'm not really sure. I got rid of a lot of stuff recently. Because of moving across the country.

Anyway, we moved! So now I'm living in the greater LA area. Because technically I'm not really sure what city I live in. Because we're inside the city limits for Los Angeles, but our address is in Reseda. Which used to be a separate city. Maybe still is? I feel like it's like being an organ in someone's body. Like, whatever little molecule hangs out in the liver, but you wouldn't usually distinguish what it belongs to as being in the liver, you'd just say it's in your body. Unless California is the body in this question, Los Angeles is the digestive system, and Reseda is the liver. I have no idea where I'm going with this. Other than that I'm confused about this whole "Big City" thing. Is Reseda a neighborhood? Or it's own city? I don't even know. Because I mean, how do you deal with big amoeba cities eating smaller cities? It's weird. Not to mention the fact that I really don't even understand why anyone actually chooses to live in this big of an urban population center. I mean, we moved here because Brian got a job at UCLA, but of all the places that we could pick, city would never be my first choice.

There are some great perks though. I got rid of all our snow scrapers. And snow shovels. And snow pants. I kept a sled though. I hear that those are good for dragging things along at the beach. Let me tell you, tires don't work super well on sand. I tried that once. ONCE. It was a bad decision.

Anyway, it's warm here pretty much all year. The locals might disagree, but if it's only below freezing a couple times a year, and then only at night, it's warm. And I can garden year round. I am counting the warm and year round gardening as enough of a bonus to get over the preference for not being in the city. Oh, and did I mention that the beach is less than an hour away?

No comments:

Post a Comment